Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Bible-Live In It!

“The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed by God on the children of men. It has God for its Author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture for its matter. It is all pure, all sincere; nothing too much; nothing wanting!” Quote by: Locke Psalm 119:88-90
I'm homesick—longing for your salvation; I'm waiting for your word of hope. My eyes grow heavy watching for some sign of your promise; how long must I wait for your comfort? There's smoke in my eyes—they burn and water, but I keep a steady gaze on the instructions you post. How long do I have to put up with all this? How long till you haul my tormentors into court? The arrogant godless try to throw me off track, ignorant as they are of God and his ways. Everything you command is a sure thing, but they harass me with lies. Help! They've pushed and pushed—they never let up—but I haven't relaxed my grip on your counsel. In your great love revive me so I can alertly obey your every word. 89-96 What you say goes, God, and stays, as permanent as the heavens. Your truth never goes out of fashion; it's as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up. Your Word and truth are dependable as ever; that's what you ordered—you set the earth going. If your revelation hadn't delighted me so, I would have given up when the hard times came. But I'll never forget the advice you gave me; you saved my life with those wise words. Save me! I'm all yours. I look high and low for your words of wisdom. The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me, but I'm only concerned with your plans for me. I see the limits to everything human, but the horizons can't contain your commands! (The Message) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson Precious Family, you can always hear me saying: “Life is hard but God is Good!” Most of the time when I say something I am living it, or God is in the process of teaching me how to live it. How do I live in His Light of this phrase I have spoken above? I have learned that the Goodness of God is His Living Word to us. In The Bible, we find His Gift Of Goodness that gives us His Strength, Wisdom and Peace! As we apply His Word to our lives, His Goodness prevails by taking that which is meant to be hard and growing us in His Grace, positioning us in the center of character, personality and mind. Being found in the Bible, is being found in His Presence, Provision, Peace and Protection in and through our all in all! Our country is going to hit some really hard times, life as we know it now, is about to get harder. So precious family, I exhort you that now…. right now is the time, a time such as this to get grounded in the Word Of God, The Goodness of God given to us for times such as these where life is hard…but God is Good! Just Do It! Glow His Goodness-Glow His Glory! “Feed on Christ, and then go and live your life, and it is Christ in you that lives your life, that helps the poor, that tells the truth, that fights the battle, and that wins the crown.” Quote By: Philips Brooks Psalm 19:7 - 11 The law of the Lord is perfect. It gives us new strength. The laws of the Lord can be trusted. They make childish people wise. 8 The rules of the Lord are right. They give joy to our hearts. The commands of the Lord shine brightly. They give light to our minds. 9 The law that brings respect for the Lord is pure. It lasts forever. The directions the Lord gives are true. All of them are completely right. 10 They are more priceless than gold. They have greater value than huge amounts of pure gold. They are sweeter than honey that is taken from the honeycomb. 11 I am warned by them. When I obey them, I am greatly rewarded. (The Message) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
· Father God, we have created a relativism in our world that causes us to white-wash Your hedge of protection with an arrogant independence from You. A little bit of compromise here, a turn of the head to look the other way and before we know it, we are being found making our own man-made fires and walking in the temporary light of them. Father draw this family to the reality of Your truth and keep us positioned in the strength of its purity and righteousness. Help us not to be a family who walks the broad path of foolish relativism in our morality, purity or holiness. May we be a family whose lives are not tainted by the pollen of the broad path of life, but a family who wholly lives by the Word of God, following the narrow path, setting our life compass by the directions contained within the pages of our Bibles; the living, powerful and genuinely spoken Words of our Almighty God! Help us to be a family who chooses life, life in the Word, life in the Integrity of God that makes our hard days yield absolute, God given goodness. Make it so in us Lord Jesus! Draw us to Your Living Word.
Written By Kimberlymac
If you would like the whole family prayer exhortation and mediation called: The Bible-Live In It. Email me at bridegroomsvoice@bellsouth.net and I will send you a printable copy.

No comments: