Friday, March 6, 2009

Military Families Perusing Psalm 3

This post is for you to add your comments from the Live It Out Side Dish of the Military Table's Current Post: Covered In Courage!

www.thebridegroomscafe.com

 

You can share your comments with others by making a comment on this post! God Bless You Much! Thank you for Talking It Up and Living It Out!

 

Military Families Perusing The Psalms For: Psalm 3

Psalm 3 A Morning Prayer

David sang this when he ran away from his son Absalom.1 Lord, I have many enemies! Many people have turned against me. 2 Many are saying about me, "God won't rescue him." Selah 3 But, Lord, you are my shield, my wonderful God who gives me courage.

4 I will pray to the Lord, and he will answer me from his holy mountain. Selah 5 I can lie down and go to sleep, and I will wake up again, because the Lord gives me strength. 6 Thousands of troops may surround me, but I am not afraid. 7 Lord, rise up! My God, come save me! You have struck my enemies on the cheek; you have broken the teeth of the wicked. 8 The Lord can save his people. Lord, bless your people. Selah

New Century Version (NCV) The Holy Bible, New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

 

P-Purpose-Truth

As a person in the military or in a military family or a friend of someone in the military, what truth, what purpose of God do I see in this Psalm for me and my military warrior?

8 The Lord can save his people. Lord, bless your people. Selah

This verse really strengthens my courage in huge hope and helps me to believe in God's Hand upon my warrior!

P-Promise

What is God promising my military family/friend in this Psalm? What promise can I hold on to this week?

3 But, Lord, you are my shield, my wonderful God who gives me courage.

4 I will pray to the Lord, and he will answer me from his holy mountain. Selah 5 I can lie down and go to sleep, and I will wake up again, because the Lord gives me strength.

He promises my warrior, courage a strong courage that lets him lay down in peace and wake up in strength!

It is the same concept for me as I lay down to sleep at night, I can take courage in knowing that the Lord will answer my prayer for my warrior, that the Lord will give my warrior strength.

He promises me, peaceful sleep! I can lay down in complete rest of mind, heart and soul, putting my warrior in God's capable hands because of the COURAGE I have in Christ!

P-Praise

What does God show me in this psalm about praising Him?

David sang this when he ran away from his son Absalom.1 Lord, I have many enemies! Many people have turned against me. 2 Many are saying about me, "God won't rescue him." Selah 3 But, Lord, you are my shield, my wonderful God who gives me courage.

 

David was in the worst of circumstances, yet he praised God and in this heart of praise, He found courage to face the situation where his enemy was trying to kill him.

David knew that the Lord was his shield, and it was out of this heart knowledge, He praised God.

 

I praise You Lord God for the courage you give me as I know deep inside of me that You shields my heart with Your courage!

 

I know my warrior faces danger each day and it makes my soul shiver within me. I praise you God! Mighty God! Protector, Provider! I praise You and thank you for Who You are and how it inspires my heart to face each day with courage, strength and faith instead of doubt, fear and anxiety! Praise You Lord God!

We praise you Mighty Sovereign God! There is nothing out of Your control! You inspire us with the courage we need to face the unknown!

 

P-Prayer

What verse can I use as a prayer for my military family/friend this week?

7 Lord, rise up! My God, come save me! You have struck my enemies on the cheek; you have broken the teeth of the wicked. 8 The Lord can save his people. Lord, bless your people. Selah

 

I will pray this verse for my warrior and me today! Lord save us, both of us! Holy Spirit, let us know that You are the common denominator, the courage of our daily lives.

 

Lord, I pray that you would speak to our hearts the truth that You are able, You can and You will keep us and bless us during this time of deployment.

 

Lord Jesus save my warrior today from the plans of the enemy, strike down the enemy and keep my warrior safe! Bless my warrior with extreme courage and the faith to act it out! Thank you Jesus!

 

 

P-BE….Just Do it

As a part or head of a military family, which verse helps me to be better, to act better, to trust God the best this week? Which verse can I use to shape my courage?

5 I can lie down and go to sleep, and I will wake up again, because the Lord gives me strength.

8 The Lord can save his people. Lord, bless your people. Selah

I can rest peacefully and sleep even if enemies are all around me, because I will wake up in God's mighty right hand, in the Lord's strength.

 

My courage rests on His ability to save my warrior! The Lord can save my warrior! The Lord can deliver me from all my fears! The Lord can keep my warrior! He is able!!!

 

The more I choose to believe in the Might, Power, Provision and Supreme Sovereignty of my God, the more my courage is shaped by His character. Selah! Think about it!

 

 

This Psalm really supports the promise that our courage and the strength to carry it out comes from God! Believe In Him! Trust Him! Praise Him!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post was created for The Bridegroom's Café www.thebridegroomscafe.com

For all those who read the post Covered In Courage/Live It Out Side Dish and wanted to comment on it!

No comments: