Thursday, March 12, 2009

Military Families Perusing Psalm 4

Hello Military Family Member! If you want to share some comments with other military families, just comment on this posting that is from The Bridegrooms Café Website. www.thebridegroomscafe.com Military Table Post: Mercy! What A Sacrifice! Sidedish: Talk It Up!

If you would like to add one of your friends or family members to the Pray It Up list, just make a comment on this post with their name, rank and spouses 1st name! Thanks! We really want to pray for Military Warriors and families!

 

Military Families Perusing The Psalms For: Psalm 4

Psalm 4:1-8

For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by stringed instruments.

Answer me when I call to you, O God who declares me innocent. Free me from my troubles. Have mercy on me and hear my prayer. 2 How long will you people ruin my reputation? How long will you make groundless accusations? How long will you continue your lies? Interlude 3 You can be sure of this: The Lord set apart the godly for himself. The Lord will answer when I call to him. 4 Don't sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent. Interlude 5 Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the Lord. 6 Many people say, "Who will show us better times?" Let your face smile on us, Lord. 7 You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. 8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

(NLT)Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.

 

P-Purpose-Truth

As a person in the military or in a military family or a friend of someone in the military, what truth, what purpose of God do I see in this Psalm for me and my military warrior?

  • I like verse 6 the best!
  • 6 Many people say, "Who will show us better times?" Let your face smile on us, Lord.
  • God's purpose for us is to be in His Presence and when we are in fellowship with God, these are our best times!
  • No matter what is going on in our lives, we know that in Him there are better times and in Him the best of times are yet to come.

P-Promise

What is God promising my military family/friend in this Psalm? What promise can I hold on to this week?

  • Verse 8 is definitely the promise that I pick for our family!
  • In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
  • This is an amazing promise for us in military families it helps settles our minds in God's peace as we live out being separated from each other while knowing that our loved ones are in constant danger!
  • It promises us God's peace, a peace in His Presence that gives us the kind of rest that surpasses our stressful situations as we believe in His Sovereignty, receive His Infinite love and accept His ability to keep us safe and work out our situations for good!
  • Jesus gives us the best kind of rest, where we can trust Him with our tomorrow and not have to figure it all out! Sweet sleep! No matter what we are going through, He promises us peace, a peace that is powerful enough to help us lay down and sleep even though things are unsettled with our warrior who is so far away!

P-Praise

What does God show me in this psalm about praising Him?

  • Verse three really stood out to me!
  • You can be sure of this: The Lord set apart the godly for himself. The Lord will answer when I call to him.
  • I see the faithfulness of God in this verse! I praise God for His faithfulness to us!
  • I praise Father God for the Mercy He extended that led to an amazing sacrifice of Jesus. What A Sacrifice that gave us a Common Denominator, The Presence Of God to help us during our deployments.
  • Oh! I praise our Triune God for His faithfulness to us; faithfulness that is always accompanied by His trustworthiness to do what is right for me, my warrior and this family as we sacrifice for the good of this country!

P-Prayer

What verse can I use as a prayer for my military family/friend this week?

  • VS 1 For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by stringed instruments. Answer me when I call to you, O God who declares me innocent. Free me from my troubles. Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
  • Oh What A Sacrifice! Being separated is so hard. I pray Lord that you will hear us when we pray to you. Free us from the troubles, stresses and trials that our deployment sacrifice brings to us and have mercy upon us Lord God!
  • Lord, I pray that you would speak to our hearts the truth that You are able, You can and Your mercy will keep us and bless us during this time of deployment.
  • Lord Jesus protect my warrior today, may Your mercy accompany, walk hand in hand with the sacrifice my warrior makes to protect and defend the liberty of this country.

P-BE….Just Do it

As a part or head of a military family, which verse helps me to be better, to act better, to trust God the best this week? Which verse can I use to shape my attitude about our sacrifices?

  • These verses 4 -5, really convict me and help shape my attitudes during the hard times of trying to stay in communication with each other.
  • Don't sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent. 5 Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the Lord.
  • As a military person or a military family we can have a lot of frustration to deal with as we try to work out our relationships and our lives that are separated by continents at times!
  • If we trust God, if we learn to turn things over to His care then we will have good attitudes, we won't be striving so hard in our own strength, that will in the end fail us, but we will be found in God's strength that will cover our weaknesses by His mercy and help us to grow through our deployments with strong relationships and a unity that God is the common denominator of!
  • This Psalm really supports the promise that the Lord is with us during these hard times of sacrifice. His Mercy shows that He understands our needs during deployments and He will provide for us His everything in our all!

 

 

This was written by Kimberlymac in hopes to get Military Families sharing with one another. The original post in on the website The Bridegroom's Café www.thebridegroomscafe.com Military Table Menu Posted 3/12/09 Mercy! What A Sacrifice!

 

PS… We really want to pray and encourage military and their families. Please pass this website link on to them. The Military Table at The Bridegroom's Café is just for them! God Bless You Much! God Bless Our Troops and Their Families!

No comments: