Monday, September 8, 2008

Being Found In Him, As His Champion!

Jesus, I know you dream the dream of Me being Your Champion! It is my hope to be….

"Jesus, may all Your dreams for me come true. Help me not to get in the way or hinder You from fulfilling any of the plans You had for me when You dreamed me into being. Amen." Quote By Unknown Author

Today I woke up with the word "balance" on my spirit. I have had an amazing journey with God when it comes to the word "balance". I know without a doubt that the gift that God is perfecting in me and using me for "Kingdom Purposes" is exhortation. God uses this gift to kindle in His people's heart hope, truth and the way to Him. When the giftedness of God unites with a human being, there is always salvation to be worked out of the carnal nature. Sometimes, that does not look too perfect along my life path!!

Over the last 10 years I have been consistently led by God to be an exhorter. I encourage other by helping kindle a holy fire in the heart of a person that God divinely and timely connects me with. I exhort, being His Voice in a specific season of their life. I turn on a small light of hope and God's Holy Spirit continues to build an all consuming fire in their heart. God gives me an exhortation that shatters the darkness and begins to kindle a light of hope and truth for them to walk by.

I am a fire starter! I kindle the Light of Christ's hope and He continues in His way by His means to start an all consuming fire in them. Therefore, I am a starter by "Kingdom Trade", not a finisher. Every day, directed by God's Holy Spirit, I point the way to God and I encourage people, but I don't get to walk the journey with them. So, I am a starter, not a finisher!

Sometimes my giftedness that Jesus wired in me, makes it hard for me to be disciplined in my flesh! In fact as I tried to work out this gift from His anointing to my flesh, I became frustrated in my training as a Champion in Christ. Because I am so wired to be a starter, I was short circuited for years in my physical diet, exercise and in the area of steadfast study in the discipline of my spirit. I was way out of balance in my walk to being a Champion In Christ because outside of my giftedness, I was trying to work things out on my own! I had the short focus I needed for my gift of exhortation as God moved me among people and from person to person, as I shared His encouragement and exhortation and interceded for them, yet I did not have a steadfast balance in my own life. I struggled to "do" it, to do life! I struggled to do daily devotions, diets, exercises, studies because I knew if I did not take care of my body and my spirit that I would never make a good Champion of Christ Jesus.

  1. I would start a diet, and fail very shortly thereafter and then beat myself up for weeks while eating more and more to help me "feel" better.
  2. I would start an exercise routine and work through the sore muscles and then a distraction would come along and I would quit for a day, then another day that led into a week and then weeks of no exercise.
  3. I would start a devotional book, hear the Lord speak but then before it was done, I would move on to the next "spiritual fad"… never finishing the first, second or third… therefore I had loads of unfinished books on my book shelf; great books yet they taunted me with discouragement as I continued to pile up more unreachable study ambitions.
  4. I was famous for setting goals for myself that I never reached. Every Sunday night I sat down with my calendar and I set my "doer" into motion. Every single day was done up to the max. I scheduled the life out of myself!! Only to fail to keep it and by the end of the week being beat up by my procrastinations!

A very defeated "doer" I was! This is where the Lord found me about 10 years ago as a Champion want-a-be! I was feeling defeated, feeling that I would never be "good enough" and feeling that I can't do it… any of it!! I had a "to do" list as long as my life and a defeated attitude that blanketed my soul! I took my "can't do attitude" and spewed it out morning after morning by way of spiritual whining until the Lord said: "Enough"! It is time to grow up, time to balance your doing and tip the scales with "being"! He was about His business to finish what He started in me and I was ready to receive, ready to move my life from a focus on me and my doings to a "completely", a heart undivided being found steadfastly in Him!

Daniel 5:24-28

Then was the part of the hand sent from the presence of [the Most High God], and this writing was inscribed. 25And this is the [a]inscription that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN--numbered, numbered, weighed, divisions. 26This is the interpretation of the matter: MENE, God has numbered the days of your kingship and brought them to an end; 27TEKEL, You are weighed in the balances and are found wanting; 28[b]PERES, Your kingdom and your kingship are divided and given to the Medes and Persians. [Foretold in Isa. 21:2, 5, 9.]

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

 

  1. MENE God had numbered the days of my unbalanced heart, putting a hope for an undivided heart in my spirit… a completely! (Psalm 86:11)
  2. TEKEL God put me on the Kingdom scales justified by His true life and found me unbalanced! I was a doer found to be unbalanced!(Gal 3:8-12; 2:16)
  3. PERES God told me that my life, my rootedness would no longer be balanced between The Kingdom and This Earth. That He would uproot my dependence upon this earth and plant me in Kingdom Soil! I was on the road to a completed citizenship in His Kingdom! Wholly His! (Ephesians 3:16-18)

     

That morning, The Holy Spirit spoke to me this verse and it was with this verse that I began my change from a "doer" to "being"! That day I began a journey to "being" a Champion In Christ. Being found in Him in my all in all! I hope that for all of you striving to be His Champion in all areas of your life: Body, Soul, Spirit and Will!

Think on these things and be found in Him!

 

Philippians 3:8-9

Even more, I consider everything to be nothing compared to knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. To know him is the best thing of all. Because of him I have lost everything. But I consider all of it to be garbage so I can get to know Christ. 9 I want to be joined to him. For me, being right with God does not come from the law. It comes because I believe in Christ. It comes from God. It is received by faith.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

Philippians 3:8-9

Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One), 9And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self-achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law's demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ (the Anointed One), the [truly] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] faith.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

 

Philippians 3:8-9

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ 9 and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.[a] For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith.

New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.

 

Philippians 3:7-9

The very credentials these people are waving around as something special, I'm tearing up and throwing out with the trash—along with everything else I used to take credit for. And why? Because of Christ. Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant—dog dung. I've dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by him. I didn't want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ—God's righteousness.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

 

Philippians 3:8-9

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ. 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ— the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

New International Version - UK (NIVUK) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

 

I know I have kept my life in balance between "being" His and serving His Kingdom, when at the end of the day I have grown to know Him more and I have changed from better to His best!

I get up every day knowing what I need to "do". It seems to never escape me! I still have a full schedule because I am a "Martha Being Daily Transformed Into A Mary"! So therefore, I am learning not to be driven by my schedule and the change in me, the difference is "being"! My first daily priority is finding His Presence and my position in His Grace! It is through His Presence that I can have the strength to exercise my body, the will to say no to my flesh (to the things I should not eat that my body at times screams for) and the passion and desire to learn more of Him. My schedule is still pretty full of things I want to do, but I am easily overridden by the balance that "being His" has brought to my consciousness. I hear His Voice, I obey it! His Voice completely trumps my schedule, my wants and my way! I do everything unto Him and that strengthens my resolve from moment to moment to be His, undivided in heart and balanced in His life. I have learned to enjoy my life, being content with what Jesus brings into my day whether good, bad or hard! Jesus lived a balanced life, completely at the whim of His Father, He walked uprightly in all His ways when on this earth and He accomplished so much!! I model after Jesus and I put all my hopes and expectations in His Hands. (Psalm 62) I don't live by my extreme expectations anymore. I am happy with 80 percent of my week eating a good diet and I enjoy some fun food on the weekends. Jesus was the same way! I am thrilled when I exercise at least four days a week, yet I rest on Friday and enjoy a day off from exercise. I am not driven by my personal applied goals anymore; I am led by the Spirit of God, being found in Him. I have accomplished so much more than I could ever hope for or imagine as I am being found in Him! I am a starter and a finisher!! Yes life may be hard at times, but God is totally and completely good for me and in me always as a bright light of HOPE! I hope this for you as you travel down the path of learning to BE His CHAMPION… A CHAMPION IN CHRIST JESUS!

The heart of the gospel is change! These last ten years learning to "be found in Him" has been a great adventure and has changed me, making me into a Champion In Christ. Every day is a new day in this adventure and each day I get up, I set my feet on the floor and I am determined to know Him more, to experience Him most and to grow to be a servant more like Him. As this verse says, I therefore will be found as His Champion…

 

My Life Is A Journey.

I Must Travel With A Deep Consciousness Of God

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

 

Dig Deeper…. Dig Deeper….Dig Deeper….Just Do It!!

1 Peter 5:7-9

Casting the [a]whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, [b]once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you [c]watchfully. 8Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [[d]in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour. 9Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same ([e]identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

 

2 Timothy 1:6-8 (Amplified Bible)

That is why I would remind you to stir up (rekindle the embers of, fan the flame of, and keep burning) the [gracious] gift of God, [the inner fire] that is in you by means of the laying on of my hands [[a]with those of the elders at your ordination]. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 8Do not blush or be ashamed then, to testify to and for our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for His sake, but [[b]with me] take your share of the suffering [to which the preaching] of the Gospel [may expose you, and do it] in the power of God.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: