Friday, September 12, 2008

Life Groups… Being Found In Christ… Together!

 

1 Peter 1:18 Your Life Is A Journey You Must Travel With A Deep Consciousness Of God….

The Message Bible (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

 

I think sometimes that our generation deals with a great enemy and it is called: Isolation! We have separated ourselves from each other, living at the surface of our relationships. God lives in us, yet isolation keeps us from the heart of His Gospel… which is change. Maybe we could be the generation who is called to break free from this grip of isolation and begin TALKING IT UP! God's Voice, God's Truth, God's Promise, God's Hope, God's Life Is In Each Of Us! Let's stop being "human doers" isolated by the busyness of our generation and start using the tools of communication of our time: saying Hi to your neighbor, inviting people over to dinner, being a part of a small group, encouraging people every day by: Internet, Facebook, phones, Skype, online chats, blogs, cell phones and let's be the chatty generation who is known for breaking down the wall of isolation that holds back The Heart of The Gospel from being a point of change from person to person, heart to heart and spirit to spirit!

 

Psalm 34:2-3

I will honor the Lord. Let those who are hurting hear and be joyful. 3 Join me in giving glory to the Lord. Let us honor him together.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

A lot of churches have small group opportunities. Take those opportunities to TALK IT UP! My Covenant Community Church has them and I attend a Women's Small Group weekly. My Christ Fellowship Online Church has Life Groups, it is their way of connecting the Body of Christ, breaking down the wall of isolation and getting us to TALK IT UP… the life, truth and promise of Christ Jesus in us, so that we can grow together in God! What is really cool is that they have stepped it up a bit and they have Life Groups that are online and it totally meets the needs of those of us who are traveling through life and have not managed to stay put!! Which is a picture of my life married to a man who builds hotels, we move every 8 months or so to a new job site!!

 

So, I have the privilege of growing, changing together with my group of women when I am in town here and then consistently with my online Life Group at Christ Fellowship. I know you probably are saying: "How can that happen online… well.. here is my Life Group testimony of how the Heart of The Gospel is Change and how God even uses online Life Groups to connect people heart to heart!!!

 

My Life Group, We Are Being Found In Christ, For Each Other! Growing Together And Realizing The Reality That "The Heart Of The Gospel Is Change…. I Am A Life Changed By Being Found In Christ, In A Life Group!!

 

Written after my Life Group met Thursday Night! God Changed Me!

 

Have you ever picked up negative assumptions and made a run with them only to slam into a dead end brick wall!??? I have!!! Too many times!!

 

Last night was a good discussion for all of us! I think we all took something from it as we shared God's wisdom and our personal experiences with one another. I realized that assumption is my own fault. I can't blame the enemy. It is me. I know better. If it was my first time to be tricked by it then maybe I could blame the enemy, but God has taught me better!! I have been tossed to and fro by assumption for years and it makes me sooooo impulsive and I find that when I pick up assumption and run with it…. it usually leads to an impetuous run in the flesh to a dead end and it is not very pretty; it is usually me slamming into a brick wall that I did not even see!! OUCHY AND MESSY!

 

When things don't go my way, in fact when they go far from what I can even understand or wrap my mind around, I know I have a choice to make; either I will be listening to God's truth or listening to the enemies stinky mire! From God's truth I get promise and hope that helps me patiently wait for the heavenly hindsight that will come!! From the enemies taunts I pick up deceptive assumptions that grow into an impulsive anxiety, fear and doubt and cause me to lose my focus on Jesus, On His Truth, On His Promises and His way set before me.

 

At times, I have gotten so wrapped up in negative assumptions in my mind that I don't even see the brick wall ahead of me… until smack… there it is…. Ouchy… and then I have to deal with all the consequences that ensue from that collision course of my will and flesh in action!!! Right now in this season of my life, things are not going the way I thought they would in Bob and I's life. In his work there has been betrayal of a work owner and false accusations that could really hurt his reputation in the construction industry; a good reputation that he has earned over 35 years of hard work. We can't figure out the why or what is happening, no clue… it is like being in a fog that suddenly overwhelms your sight!

 

When all this hit the fan, I immediately began walking through this trial with God as my center focus; my hand in His Right Hand and I kept in step with Him at first! But as time went on and on and things did not get better and I could not see my way ahead, I began entertaining the pessimistic thoughts that were hitting me hard each day and I started picking up negative assumptions. I let go of God's hand, I wanted to try it on my own, try to see ahead more and try to figure it out quicker and fix it! My will began to lead my way and I began speaking impulsively and move quickly ahead of God into unchartered territory, which pretty much left me feeling very confused, discouraged and completely lost!

 

Thankfully I have you guys, my cfonline life group and we had a divine appointment last night where I could hear God's Voice, His wisdom and because of that, I did not hit that brick wall this time… (so sorry satan, your plan did not work this time!) I dropped the negative assumptions last night, got rid of them!! I got myself quickly repositioned back in God's grace and promise and I realized that even if this situation looks very awful, that doesn't mean it is automatically bad; it means that God is working in the unseen for our good for a great outcome and I have to wait on Him, trusting in Him and leaning not on what I can see but on His Promise for us.

 

Matthew 18:19-21

"Again, here is what I tell you. Suppose two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for. My Father in heaven will do it for you. 20 Where two or three people meet together in my name, I am there with them."

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

 

Thanks special online friends… or should I say family… I am related to you by the Blood of Jesus Christ, so in essence you are my LIFE GROUP! I am a life changed because of Jesus online at Christ Fellowship!!! In our Life Group the heart of the Gospel is change and that is our reality!! Thankfully… I did not hit that dead end wall… and I plan to make that a permanent change in my status… no more slamming into walls… no more negative assumptions…. I can work on that… God's Presence has made that learned wisdom an upfront thing in my life now… God has said "enough" to my wall slamming and I am growing through this season of my life, together (which is a nice way to do it) with you guys and Jesus! Thank goodness!! Love ya all!!

PS: Looking forward to "Joshua" and growing and changing with you all!!

 

 

If you are interested in joining or hosting a Life Group you can find out how at: www.gochristfellowhship.org! You can also attend their online services Saturday at 6pm or Sunday at 9 or 11 am and join in on the Skype Chats that happen each week!

 

Whatever you do, be found in Christ and be together with someone of like heart, mind and will and grow together in Christ. Break the isolation in the Bride of Christ, lets come together and TALK IT UP! God Bless you Much! Like Jesus said… Come lets' reason together, letting His life change us more and more to be like Him!

 

Dig Deeper…. Dig Deeper….Dig Deeper….Just Do It!!

Isaiah 1:18-19

"Come. Let us talk some more about this matter," says the Lord. "Even though your sins are bright red, they will be as white as snow. Even though they are deep red, they will be white like wool. 19 But you have to be willing to change and obey me. If you are, you will eat the best food that grows on the land.

Jeremiah 24:6-8

My eyes will watch over them. I will be good to them. And I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up. I will not tear them down. I will plant them. I will not pull them up by the roots. 7 " 'I will change their hearts. Then they will know that I am the Lord. They will be my people. And I will be their God. They will return to me with all their heart.

Romans 12:1-3 Living for God

Brothers and sisters, God has shown you his mercy. So I am asking you to offer up your bodies to him while you are still alive. Your bodies are a holy sacrifice that is pleasing to God. When you offer your bodies to God, you are worshiping him. 2 Don't live any longer the way this world lives. Let your way of thinking be completely changed. Then you will be able to test what God wants for you. And you will agree that what he wants is right. His plan is good and pleasing and perfect.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

2 Corinthians 3:17-18

Now the Lord is the Holy Spirit. And where the Spirit of the Lord is, freedom is also there. 18 Our faces are not covered with a veil. We all display the Lord's glory. We are being changed to become more like him so that we have more and more glory. And the glory comes from the Lord, who is the Holy Spirit.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

Acts 2:41-47

Those who accepted his message were baptized. About 3,000 people joined the believers that day. The Believers Share Life Together 42 The believers studied what the apostles taught. They shared life together. They broke bread and ate together. And they prayed. 43 Everyone felt that God was near. The apostles did many wonders and miraculous signs. 45 They sold what they owned. They gave each other everything they needed. 46 Every day they met together in the temple courtyard. In their homes they broke bread and ate together. Their hearts were glad and honest and true. 47 They praised God. They were respected by all the people. Every day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

Psalm 34:2-3

I will honor the Lord. Let those who are hurting hear and be joyful. 3 Join me in giving glory to the Lord. Let us honor him together.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

Matthew 18:19-21

"Again, here is what I tell you. Suppose two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for. My Father in heaven will do it for you. 20 Where two or three people meet together in my name, I am there with them."

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

1 Corinthians 3:8-11

The one who plants and the one who waters have the same purpose. The Lord will give each of us a reward for our work. 9 We work together with God. You are like God's field. You are like his building. 10 God has given me the grace to lay a foundation as a master builder. Now someone else is building on it. But each one should build carefully. 11 No one can lay any other foundation than the one that has already been laid. That foundation is Jesus Christ.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: