Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Christianity Is… A Topsy-Turvey, Very Adventurous Life!

Sometimes in life you find yourself sporting that topsy-turvey kind of look where everything you planned for your life is suddenly upside down and every straight path you marked out has suddenly become crooked and you can't see past the next bend in the road! I find myself there at times and to make it worse, I get myself completely fogged in by my doubt, fear and anxiety!

Ecclesiastes 7:12-14

Wisdom provides safety, just as money provides safety. But here's the advantage of wisdom. It guards the lives of those who have it. 13 Think about what God has done. Who can make straight what he has made crooked? 14 When times are good, be happy. But when times are bad, here's something to think about. God has made bad times. He has also made good times. So a man can't find out anything about what's ahead for him.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

"What is happening to me? I look in the mirror and all I see reflected back is a fashion nightmare kind of a mess! I find myself mesmerized by the mirror reflection of my life disarray staring me down and I hear myself say: "Is that really me??? Is that me wearing a plaid shirt with stripped pants? That is not what I laid out for myself for this season of my life!!! No way! No reason! No Rhyme!"

 

1 Corinthians 13:11-13

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside. 12For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as [a]in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand [b]fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been [c]fully and clearly known and understood [[d]by God]. 13And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

 

Can anyone relate to me today!!? Do you know what I mean? Have you felt that earth shaking feeling where nothing matches, nothing fits in your life and the plans you had, have been stolen away! Have you ever woke up with the feeling like you are wearing borrowed time and sense a panic attack coming on because you can't find your way out of your dead dreams to a true reality? Or could what you are feeling possibly be your stomach muscles tied up in a vice over the life-situation that you find yourself in! Better said!!!

 

John 10:9-11

I'm like a gate. Anyone who enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out. And he will find plenty of food. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so they can have life. I want them to have it in the fullest possible way. 11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

Harmony? What is that? I find myself in a life season where nothing seems to be in tune, my heart wants to sing this new song, but my will can't read the notes and my soul is playing its own thing! Everything seems hazy! Actually, my blurred vision during this season of my life, I have found that is caused by my mind gripped too tightly around the view point of my circumstances with those "What If" thoughts! Crazy imaginations is another way to describe those "What If" thoughts that have the propensity of binding up my emotions in three fold around the retina of my soul and consequently giving me a really muddled up perspective! Even if I find myself half blind after all that, I still hopelessly try to enclose some common sense around my will, thus and therefore I foolishly think I will be able to wrap my mind around my circumstance! Been there done that… doesn't work!!!

Colossians 3:14-16

And above all these [put on] love and enfold yourselves with the bond of perfectness [which binds everything together completely in ideal harmony]. 15And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always]. 16Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

 

Wow! This is a season in life where a lot of us find ourselves today saying: " I did not think I would be here at this time in my life! It doesn't seem to fit into my plan and my way! You know… I am right there with you!! I feel like my will was running at full throttle and it seems to have suddenly run itself into a brick wall that came up out of no where! Now I am pretty much willess!" Ever experience that sensation, it is not too good!! Yet reflecting back, I think that may have been the point of the brick wall!! It was for my good! Unaware, I slammed into it and nothing is the same and I remembered getting up dazed, yet still willful and I foolishly still tried so hard to find my way back into my dreams, my visions and my plans for my life, yet to no avail. I don't know my way out of this situation I am in… maybe that is a good thing as I said previously!!

John 14:5-7

Jesus Is the Way to the Father

Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going. So how can we know the way?" 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father also. From now on, you do know him. And you have seen him."

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

After I said all the above, I say this: Me, I chose to leave my will at the brick wall crash site . Yes I finally did it! After I laid it completely down, I put my hand in the Right Hand of God and submissively… I walked away from that horrible sight of my broken will, step by step, placing my feet in His footstep, one step at a time; one day at a time! By the way, it no longer matters where I am going, or that my clothes for the journey are not those I would have picked out, or not very much the style of the culture I live in! I am just learning to "be", be content with Him, with Jesus, His Life, His Way and His Truth!

Philippians 4:11-13

I'm not saying that because I need anything. I have learned to be content no matter what happens to me. 12 I know what it's like not to have what I need. I also know what it's like to have more than I need. I have learned the secret of being content no matter what happens. I am content whether I am well fed or hungry. I am content whether I have more than enough or not enough. 13 I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

 

I am realizing a new thing, a new notion that every day is brand new; the fresh morning mercy is dew upon my parched soul each and every day! Faithfully, His Mercy is new! Yes and Amen…. the miracle of the morning and its heavenly dew, it is wet and fresh upon my spirit each day! I can and I will walk a new pace with Him, into a brand new adventure where in Heavenly Hindsight, I see my dead will back at the brick wall! As I look ahead, I only see Jesus. His mercy is new every morning and I face this new adventure stepping out in that great, great and powerful truth. Nothing is as I planned it to be, yet in Jesus my life is new every morning… Great Is His Faithfulness to me. It is all good! I have a future and a hope! Walking On… Step By Step and Talking It Up! God's Mercy… His Faithfulness… Morning Dew Refreshing My Spirit… it is new and the Adventure is Great!

Deuteronomy 32:1-3

The Song: Listen, Heavens, I have something to tell you. Attention, Earth, I've got a mouth full of words. My teaching, let it fall like a gentle rain, my words arrive like morning dew, Like a sprinkling rain on new grass, like spring showers on the garden. For it's God's Name I'm preaching— respond to the greatness of our God! The Rock: His works are perfect, and the way he works is fair and just; A God you can depend upon, no exceptions, a straight-arrow God. His messed-up, mixed-up children, his non-children, throw mud at him but none of it sticks.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

 

Therefore, or should I say, in retrospect I say this today: He is doing a new thing! Will you not know it!? Will you walk in the Light of His All Consuming Fire or will you continue to kindle your own self made fire and lay in torment and pain at the site of your crashed will? Again I say: "Will you lay down in torment or will you rise up as His Beauty does out of the ash of your personal will into the soul of y our spirit?"

Isaiah 50:10:-11

Who is among you who [reverently] fears the Lord, who obeys the voice of His Servant, yet who walks in darkness and deep trouble and has no shining splendor [in his heart]? Let him rely on, trust in, and be confident in the name of the Lord, and let him lean upon and be supported by his God. 11Behold, all you [enemies of your own selves] who attempt to kindle your own fires [and work out your own plans of salvation], who surround and gird yourselves with momentary sparks, darts, and firebrands that you set aflame!--walk by the light of your self-made fire and of the sparks that you have kindled [for yourself, if you will]! But this shall you have from My hand: you shall lie down in grief and in torment.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

 

Isaiah 50:10-11

Who out there fears God, actually listens to the voice of his servant? For anyone out there who doesn't know where you're going, anyone groping in the dark, Here's what: Trust in God. Lean on your God! But if all you're after is making trouble, playing with fire, Go ahead Go ahead and see where it gets you. Set your fires, stir people up, blow on the flames, But don't expect me to just stand there and watch. I'll hold your feet to those flames.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

 

What you wear today is up to you? Choose Wisely! I say, put on the garment of praise, the spirit of contentment and the will of the willess and WEAR HIS NAME BRAND! Wear His Name taking whatever clothing He gives you, all that is available, whether it matches your fashioned plans or not! WEAR HIS NAME and step out into life today experiencing a new adventure on the path of HIS MERCY that is new every morning and waiting for you to wholly embrace! Hold close The Holy Spirit and wear the Anointing of God… being found in Him today! It is a New Day!

Isaiah 61:1-5

THE SPIRIT of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound, 2To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] [a]and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, 3To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion--to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit--that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified. 4And they shall rebuild the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former desolations and renew the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations. 5Aliens shall stand [ready] and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

No comments: