Friday, February 6, 2009

Road Trip Journal: Day 33

Grow -2 –Go… 2009 god adventure

daily road trip journal

Heavenly hindsight 2 endurance

 

Day 33: Monday, February 2nd

Road Trip ramah: Spiritual Nourishment 4 strength!

Proverbs 19: 21

We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

Road Trip personal thoughts!

My spirit is sighing within me today. I so want God to do something my way. A friend is suffering, I want God to heal, restore and I want Him to do it now. Then there is my life, our move to South Carolina. I have moved from shock, to anger to sadness, to crying and now I have a choice to make, I will either keep sighing and follow the path of what I want, with my head down and my will bent or I will be the Champion that God has created me to be and look up, be still and joyfully put my feet in the footsteps He has imprinted for me, praising Him and knowing He is God.

Road Trip ramah: Spiritual Nourishment 4 strength!

Psalm 42:8

During the day the Lord sends his love to me. During the night I sing about him. I say a prayer to the God who gives me life. 9 I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go around in sorrow? Why am I beaten down by my enemies?" 10 My body suffers deadly pain as my enemies make fun of me. All day long they say to me, "Where is your God?" 11 My spirit, why are you so sad? Why are you so upset deep down inside me? Put your hope in God. Once again I will have reason to praise him. He is my Savior and my God.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

Road Trip personal thoughts!

I still hold on, I still hold on to my maybes! How foolish I am to grieve over what I want, when what He wants has been clearly better for me. It is that root of flesh that needs to be deracinated from this earth and transplanted in the Kingdom of God…completely… all of it! I need to let be…give it up, what I want, stop clinging to it instead of letting go and abandoning myself to Him; completely to His will for me. My grief, my sadness, my spiritual sighing is a very strong clue that I have not completely accepted His plan. It is time… to let be… let be… be still and know He is God!

Road Trip 2 endurance/promises for soul nourishment

Psalm 46:7-10

The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our Fortress and High Tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! 8Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations and wonders in the earth. 9He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow into pieces and snaps the spear in two; He burns the chariots in the fire. 10Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! 11The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our High Tower and Stronghold). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Road Trip personal thoughts!

What trips me up is me, trying to figure out the pace God has set for me on my life path. I need to follow Him, set my pace in step with Him without letting my mind go off in all directions because that makes for clumsy feet. The heart of the gospel is change! My feet carry the good news of Jesus Christ as His messenger and I will go where He leads! Mind! Be quiet! It is obvious in my life that God is moving me in a different direction, very obvious because my home in NC is being rented this weekend. He has a specific plan and He is carrying it out in His way. Sighing in my spirit shows me that I am not accepting His plan! Sadness that sticks around in the Presence of God's love, comfort and hope is sighing of a very willful one! I want to let be, be still and know He is God. So be it in me Lord! Your joy is my strength, my hope and my song!

Road Trip : 2 endurance: attitude- paced- 2-appreciate!

  • Lord I am grateful for the changes You are bringing about in my life, they are causing me to grow, shed the old flesh and take on more of Your new life.
  • Thank you that You shake things up at the right time, to keep me fresh and new in this life!
  • I appreciate how you handle my hardheadedness Lord. You do not give up on me, You continue to chip away at my will until I am willesss. How blessed I am to have You at the center of my life. Your faithfulness is trustworthy and I am so thankful for it!
  • Thank you Jesus that You will finish what You started in me 34 years ago. What an adventure it has been from change to change.
  • Thank you for Your Glory that glows in me through new things You are doing, changes of heart that ring out the Gospel message on my life path… strong and clear.

Road Trip: Listen-Led- paced- 2 -praise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgpQiL7YQk

The Desert Song

  1. I praise You God of The Desert, God Of My All
  2. I praise You Mighty God! Deliverer, Redeemer, Restorer!
  3. Praise Be To God Almighty! Provider Of All!
  4. Praise and Glory I give to my Living Water, Who quenches my thirst!
  5. I praise You God of Victory! No Weapon Can Defeat You!
  6. Praise God! Praise God! Victory Is His! I Praise You Lord!
  7. Praise You God of All Joy, God of Hope!
  8. Praise You King Of Light! Lord Of Light that conquers all darkness!
  9. Praise You Lord of All! I rejoice In You in my all and everything
  10. Praise You Mighty God Of All Seasons, Timeless Eternal One.

No comments: