Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tough Love

This blog page is a response page from The Bridegroom's Cafe/Family Table/Water It Side Dish at www.thebridegroomscafe.com

 

Questions:

Habakkuk 3:18-19

When you water your heart with this scripture, how does your courage grow?

My Answer: God helps me walk in the hard places of this life. He gives me strength and in that strength of the Lord, my courage grows. I am not afraid, because I know He will help me even if His Tough Love is hard to take, I know that He is doing what is best for me.

 

Micah 5:4

When you water your mind with this scripture, what promise grows to guard your thoughts?

I can be confident in those that lead me, even in tough times like these because the Lord is with them, His favor is with our country. When I am afraid of our future, I know that God is at the helm of this country, I know that He is in control and will work all things out for our good.

 

1 Timothy 1:12

When you water your heart with this scripture, what thoughts of thanksgiving does it nurture in your mind? What grows out of your spirit when you water it with this scripture?

I am so thankful for the strength of God. I know that gratefulness grows my faith and faith my character and when my character grows, my trust in God grows! It is a really good snowball effect! It is all good!!

 

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

When you water you mind with this scripture, what good thoughts does it seed and what good actions will it grow as you think about God's Tough Love?

I think about being honest about my weakness and not trying to hide it because God manifests His strength through it. I think about my family and all the tough times we have been through, times that God did not lift the trial until all His purposes were worked out in us and I think about how better off we were after the trials. I think about the heavenly hindsight of good growth in my inner personality, how I matured through every tough time I went through. I think about how good God is!

 

 

**** Post your thoughts at the comments and read the thoughts of other people! Thanks for Talking It Up!

 

No comments: