Thursday, April 14, 2011

Called To God 1st!

Called To God 1st! Written By Kimberlymac

I truly believe the times that I feel alone and abandoned are the times I truly need to take an Omnipresent Reality Check. God is always being, always with me in His Presence and Power. The enemy likes to trick me into exchanging my "Call To God" with an occupation of responsibility for this world and all in it. I realize I do that so much. My giftedness, My trade, everything that makes me-me, sometimes becomes the greatest weapon the enemy uses to chain me to responsibility that is not mine. When I flip-flop my call to the world instead of having a Call to God 1st, I feel really chained to responsibility and service, work and ministry becomes "mine"!

When who I serve becomes the "world" and all their expectations, my companions usually are discouragement, despair, fear, anxiety, exhaustion, disillusionment and God's excellence of spirit, courage of faith and stability of belief get compromised when I try to bear the responsibility of an earthy position. It is funny how I think I serve the world when I am ministering, working or doing things for others, when in all truth, my Call is to God and my service is to His Kingdom. I can't do anything for this world, I can't even change anything, not even one heart, only God can!

When I get so focused on "my ministry- my service – my occupation" Oh wow… not good.. I try to do Omnipresent Reality Checks throughout my day, to make sure I am serving my CALL TO GOD 1st not my occupation-position. I feel like when I do this, I don't miss out on God's purposes in play all around me that day. I remind myself constantly that my Call is To God-My Followship is Him- I serve His Kingdom 1st!

I realize that every step I take in serving His Kingdom, the outcome is God's responsibility because He is the only one who can modify eternally. I can do good things but they don't really matter as much as if "He is being" through me, then the things I do are simply eternally significant! I make a daily God-connection on my knees before my AWE-GOD! I know this is a position the enemy does not want me in because he can't stop God from being but he can discourage me from doing.

Being called to God 1st, putting my ministry, my occupation, the things I do underneath this calling, I feel like God can do more in me-through me than I could ever hope, dream or imagine. I try every day to step into my day saying: God's Got This! I want to see God's purposes in play all around me, not through my eyes but through His discernment! His purposes never seem to look like I imagine they would, hence I work hard to be positioned under His grace and called to Him 1st. This is my real ministry, my real calling is to Him! This truly lifts the burden of responsibility off my shoulders; and a heavy burden the enemy would love to chain me with is broken. If God has called me, then the responsibility of my call is God's and my Call is to Him!

Throughout my day, I guard my heart from taking on responsibility that is not mine, from keeping my call to Him in holy alliance with His Kingdom Purposes; I do this by taking "Omnipresence Reality Checks"! Am I walking in His Light, His Presence or am I walking in the light I have kindled the fire for? It is my prayer for me and for everyone I know to keep our CALL UNTO GOD and in Holy Alignment with His Kingdom purposes at play all around us today.

After watching His purposes in play all day, I want to shut my eyes at night and lay down in His peace, knowing He is still at work, finishing all He started. So I encourage you each day: God's Got This! Be Holy Aligned To Him, Your Call Is To Him! Stay In Constant Conversation With Him All Day And Exercise Your AWE-GOD Gratefulness… Much!

OUR CALL IS TO GOD! OUR SERVICE UNTO HIS KINGDOM Isaiah 50:4-11

4  [The Servant of God says] The Lord God has given Me the tongue of a disciple and of one who is taught, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He wakens Me morning by morning, He wakens My ear to hear as a disciple [as one who is taught].5  The Lord God has opened My ear, and I have not been rebellious or turned backward.6  I gave My back to the smiters and My cheeks to those who plucked off the hair; I hid not My face from shame and spitting. 7  For the Lord God helps Me; therefore have I not been ashamed or confounded. Therefore have I set My face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame. 8  He is near Who declares Me in the right. Who will contend with Me? Let us stand forth together! Who is My adversary? Let him come near to Me. 9  Behold, the Lord God will help Me; who is he who will condemn Me? Behold, they all will wax old and be worn out as a garment; the moth will eat them up.

10 Who is among you who [reverently] fears the Lord, who obeys the voice of His Servant, yet who walks in darkness and deep trouble and has no shining splendor [in his heart]? Let him rely on, trust in, and be confident in the name of the Lord, and let him lean upon and be supported by his God.11  Behold, all you [enemies of your own selves] who attempt to kindle your own fires [and work out your own plans of salvation], who surround and gird yourselves with momentary sparks, darts, and firebrands that you set aflame!--walk by the light of your self-made fire and of the sparks that you have kindled [for yourself, if you will]! But this shall you have from My hand: you shall lie down in grief and in torment.

Amplified Bible Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

GOD'S GOT THIS! 2 Peter 2:7-9

He rescued righteous Lot, greatly worn out and distressed by the wanton ways of the ungodly and lawless--8  For that just man, living [there] among them, tortured his righteous soul every day with what he saw and heard of [their] unlawful and wicked deeds--9  Now if [all these things are true, then be sure] the Lord knows how to rescue the godly out of temptations and trials, and how to keep the ungodly under chastisement until the day of judgment and doom,

Amplified Bible Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

AWE-GOD GRATEFULNESS! 1 Peter 1:3-7 

Praised (honored, blessed) be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)! By His boundless mercy we have been born again to an ever-living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,4  [Born anew] into an inheritance which is beyond the reach of change and decay [imperishable], unsullied and unfading, reserved in heaven for you,5  Who are being guarded (garrisoned) by God's power through [your] faith [till you fully inherit that final] salvation that is ready to be revealed [for you] in the last time.6  [You should] be exceedingly glad on this account, though now for a little while you may be distressed by trials and suffer temptations,7  So that [the genuineness] of your faith may be tested, [your faith] which is infinitely more precious than the perishable gold which is tested and purified by fire. [This proving of your faith is intended] to redound to [your] praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) is revealed.

OMNIPRESENT REALITY CHECK! 1 Peter 1:18

Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you grew up in. He paid with Christ's sacred blood, you know. He died like an unblemished, sacrificial lamb. And this was no afterthought. Even though it has only lately—at the end of the ages—become public knowledge, God always knew he was going to do this for you. It's because of this sacrificed Messiah, whom God then raised from the dead and glorified, that you trust God, that you know you have a future in God.

The Message Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 Eugene H. Peterson by NavPress Publishing

Thanks For Sharing In My Constant Conversation With God! Check Out My Website For Further Encouragement-Exhortations From God! Enjoy!

The Bridegroom's Café http://thebridegroomscafe.com

Currently Posted Menu

AUTHOR TABLE******************Easter Is

BREAKFAST TABLE***************Tighten Your Belt    

FAMILY TABLE*******************Worry Not

LISTENER TABLE*****************Holy Ground    

MILITARY TABLE*****************Responsibility    

SERVANT TABLE******************Dare To Care    

SMORGASBORD TABLE ***********Only For God

 

 

No comments: