A Constant Conversation With AWE-GOD
Week Of January 10th: Wednesday, January 12, 2011
In the most lopsided deal of all time, Jesus took our filthy rags of sin and gave us His robe of righteousness. Our righteousness is not our own, it is from Him. Dare we brag of our goodness now?
-- Paul C. Brownlow
STUDY: gOSPEL oF jOHN – MY THOUGHTS
John 1: 6-9 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John.(B) 7 This man came to witness, that he might testify of the Light, that all men might believe in it [adhere to it, trust it, and rely upon it] through him. 8 He was not the Light himself, but came that he might bear witness regarding the Light. 9 There it was--the true Light [was then] coming into the world [the genuine, perfect, steadfast Light] that illumines every person.(C)
Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
My Thoughts About These Verses:
- Who? The Light… Jesus! John was sent to be a light, so WHAT does a light do, it gets rid of darkness. Do I do this with my life? Does God in me shine in the darkness of other peoples lives to testify of Jesus, the true Light of this world?
- Where? He was sent to this earth from God. So have I been sent by God here to this place in NC. Lord, I do believe that you position us right where you want us, for Your purpose. My life has meaning and purpose even to the point of where I live. You, Lord are purposeful
- Why? To bear witness of the Light, of Jesus. Today, Lord I have that opportunity, help me to make the right choices in my situation to be a witness of Your life in me, to be a light to those who have darkness in their lives. Jesus!
- How? Regarding The Light! How did John bear witness, it was not about himself, but it was about Jesus
- Who? The True Light- Jesus! How? Coming into the World. Why? To illumine every person? How? With perfect-steadfast light!
- I have a lot of places in my life where the enemy is trying to put darkness, darkness like discouragement, dismay, disappointment… but this verse tells me that Jesus is constantly-consistently my perfect-steadfast light. A light that can dispel any darkness, a light that is never subject to darkness. If I cling to Jesus today, if I hope in Him, then I am receiving His genuine truth, that stands through this test with a light in me that illumines my situation and every person I meet today.
My Thoughts About These Verses:
These verses really give me hope today because I realize whatever situation I am in right now, God has purposefully put me there, just like John above, God sends us to be a light. I can't be the true-steadfast light, that is Jesus, but I can be found as a reflection of God's light. Help me today Lord Jesus be an light of encouragement-hope-faith to others, just where you have placed me. AMEN! Jesus as I make choices today to shine Your Light out of me, I pray that all I come in contact with will adhere to it, trust it, and rely upon Jesus Christ
talk it up! twitter
Hope Huge! RT @chapelhill: Get this deep down within your spirit today, "Believe that God has BIG plans for you."-(via @davedivine)#BIG2011
In the most lopsided deal of all time, Jesus took our filthy rags of sin and gave us His robe of righteousness. -- Paul C. Brownlow
Our righteousness is not our own, it is from Him. Dare we brag of our goodness now? -- Paul C. Brownlow
Exhortation- The Shepherd's Communicated Love-Wisdom!
Oh How uncomfortable life can be at times! LOL! I don't mean to make light of your obvious discomfort… but I laugh not at you, but at me! We are opposites! I love writing! I have the gift of exhortation and God's Words just flow from me right out to the page. But… get me up in front of someone to speak… Oh My Gosh… blah-blah-blah… stumble, stumble… blah- blah! LOL! I can't put the words together, the same way you can't in writing. When God asks me to speak, I cringe on the inside…. I don't want to… but I will do it with fear and trembling…LOL… trembling literally!! The enemy as Joyce Meyer likes to say: sets us up to be upset. God is the opposite; He sets us up to grow through from our weakness to His strength. I truly do believe that when I teach, He gets the glory because it is out of a huge weakness that I do it. But, I have also learned when He asks me to speak, that His Kingdom purpose far outweighs my reluctance. What I have seen in the scripture really shows me that God has the Sovereign right to position us exactly where He needs His Kingdom purpose to be activated in us and others. It is no coincidence where God has placed you to live, the circumstances you are in and what He has asked you to do today. Every God-Incidence has to begin with God – flow by His Holy Spirit to end in Kingdom purpose=successfully bringing glory to God. Our stumbling block is that we are looking at our culture, at other people and comparing our place – our position – our giftedness and thinking we have to rise to these standards in order to be successful. I find, in order to "feel" successful at things I am not naturally "good" at, I have to cling harder to God, set my roots deeper in His Kingdom purpose and lose myself to gain His Kingdom purpose, perspective and power! When I get up to speak, it is all supernatural, nothing of me, or my strength and each and every time, my knees still tremble, my tongue feels like it won't talk and I feel sick to my stomach… yet I will because I know He can! I do believe God gifts us with specific gifts… which is so sweet… but I also believe that He stretches our tent pegs with the gifts He has not given us, yet asks us to walk in at times. I believe my gift of exhortation-writing is just as supernatural as my teaching, one I have been gifted with, the other one the Lord gives me as a gift of sorts, one that trumps my fleshly pride and maybe this is the best gift of the two! So precious one, keep writing your blog submissively-reverently unto God because it trumps your flesh with the miracles of God's provision! God Bless You Much!
Pastor Yolanda: Http://aintathatgoodnews.blogspot.com/
Matthew 12:15-21 (NRSV)
The words of Isaiah applied to Jesus
When Jesus became aware of this, he departed. Many crowds followed him, and he cured all of them, and he ordered them not to make him known. This was to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
"Here is my servant, whom I have chosen,
my beloved, with whom my soul is well pleased.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not wrangle or cry aloud,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.
He will not break a bruised reed
or quench a smoldering wick
until he brings justice to victory.
And in his name the Gentiles will hope."
My Thoughts About These Verses:
What an amazing promise to us in times such as these: He will not break a bruised reed or quench a smoldering wick until he brings justice to victory. God is a God of justice and of victory and in bringing Justice To Victory, we have been given Jesus! In between Justice and Victory we cling to Jesus, dig our roots deeply in His love, hope and promise. AWE-GOD! Thanks for this devotion today, it encouraged my heart! God Bless You Much!
Talk It Up With Pastor Yolanda Today! Share Your Thoughts About This Awesome Good News!
Ain'ta That Good News?! A daily online Christian devotion that makes GOOD NEWS easy to read and fun to share by Yolanda Lehman http://aintathatgoodnews.blogspot.com/2011/01/you-are-chosen.html
Study: Know God/know hope? hosea 4:1-6:3
They Wouldn't Recognize God If They Saw Him 1-2 "Listen to this, priests! Attention, people of Israel!
Royal family—all ears! You're in charge of justice around here. But what have you done? Exploited people at Mizpah, ripped them off on Tabor, Victimized them at Shittim. I'm going to punish the lot of you. 3-4"I know you, Ephraim, inside and out. Yes, Israel, I see right through you! Ephraim, you've played your sex-and-religion games long enough. All Israel is thoroughly polluted. They couldn't turn to God if they wanted to. Their evil life is a bad habit. Every breath they take is a whore's breath. They wouldn't recognize God if they saw me. 5-7"Bloated by arrogance, big as a house, they're a public disgrace, The lot of them—Israel, Ephraim, Judah— lurching and weaving down their guilty streets. When they decide to get their lives together and go off looking for God once again, They'll find it's too late. I, God, will be long gone. They've played fast and loose with me for too long, filling the country with their bastard offspring. A plague of locusts will devastate their violated land.
The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
4 "You can't return to me because you have done so many evil things.
New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by Biblica
My Thoughts About These Verses:
Sinning can pile up, just like spending money by credit spends fast until you suddenly have a debt piled up you can't pay! Irresponsible Grace spends quickly and piles up a debt of habitual sin whose dividend is a dead end. This country is beset in habitual sin and quickly expending the grace of God. Lord turn us back to You, break the strongholds upon this nation and begin with me. Jesus!
Religion or Relationship. Something can look pretty on the outside but be broken on the inside, we can't tell by looking, but God can. You can whitewash your outside but be very dimly lit on the inside. I am guilty. I was telling everyone to trust God, yet I am spending money that I don't have on credit. The United States does the same. It says In God We Trust on the outside, but on the inside of this country there is an independence from God brewing in lawlessness, dishonor and disrespect for God and others. Religiosity crumbles from the outside – to inward. Relationship with God strengthens from the inside to the outside.
Notes From Joyce Meyer TV program
Jan 7th Part 2 Cleaning Clogged Arteries
- When you marinate in the Presence of God, it makes you tender hearted
- As Christians we have to guard our heart so it does not harden, we have to pray for a tender heart and work with God to keep it tender Ezek 11:19 Sensitive and responsive to the touch of their God… so be it Lord Jesus! We stay sensitive to God by keeping our conscious clear to the best of our ability Acts 24:16 strive to have a heart free of offense toward God and man. It is so important for us to do the little things God puts in our heart to make others feel at ease. Be sensitive to God and how what we say and do affects people. When God shows us something, go the extra mile to make peace, and keep your conscious void of offense toward God and man. Matthew 11
- God I am even willing to be hurt, if that is what it takes to walk in love. Love like you have never been hurt.
- Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto God, He will give you rest, ease and refresh your soul.
- Are you easy to be friends with? Quick to forgive and difficult to offend?
- If you are hard to get along make a decision to shape up, not feel like the world is around to serve you, not be legalistic! Be easy going, easy to get along with in the kindness and compassion of Jesus!
- Come to Jesus every day, spend the 1st section of time in the morning, the most you can manage to do with God. Get with God before you talk to people!
- When you marinate in the presence of God, it makes you tender, compassionate like Jesus.
- Learn how Jesus does things, He is gentle, meek, lowly, not harsh, hard and pressing.
- God will give us a heart that is sensitive to His touch. The greatest miracle in the world is to watch God change a human being heart to heart.
- Have a confident heart! Confidence is so important, it is not something you feel, bu something you make a decision about. Put no confidence in the flesh, your bank account, your education or your experience but in Christ and Christ alone. You are free to be yourself when your worth and value is based on Who you are in Jesus Christ! Life is not about head knowledge, but about wisdom from God. Life is not about what you can't do but what God can do. Don't depend on what you naturally have, thank God for it, but depend upon God's anointing for your life.
- Be confident, because when you lose it, you give your life over to the devil. God told Joshua one thing: to be bold, courageous and with confidence do not fear. It did not matter what Joshua could or cold not do, God was with Him.
- I don't feel confident? You don't have to feel it, just be it. You can choose to believe you are confident, even if you don't feel it. You don't always feel like you act, you override your feelings by getting into the spirit. You can do things afraid, to feel fear doesn't mean you are a coward. Boldness is taking action in the presence of fear. Confident! Don't compare yourself to other people! You can't enjoy the gifts God puts in other people if you don't stop comparing yourself to them. You don't have to look like someone else, be happy with the way God has shaped you.
- Look in the mirror and say: God lives in me, I am a child of God, I am awesome in Christ
- Psalm 27:3-5 Keep your heart right, have a confident heart that knows God loves you, forgives you…
- My head shall be lifted up right now… in the midst of the trial… One thing I have desire, crave, pursue is God… You can do without a lot of things, but you can't do without the Presence of God.
- I will do my best God, you do the rest, because my best is never enough. I will be confident in God!
- Keeping and maintaining a forgiving and merciful heart is one of the most important areas of our heart. The devil works so hard, trying to keep us upset, bitter, resentful, offended… If you can make it through one day without being offended, it is a blessing. Offense is all tied up in the realm of feeling… I feel… Pray for those who offend you, stop talking about them and the situation… Pray for them, stop talking about them and when God opens the door, go the extra mile to bless them.
- Romans 12:16-21 A real key to having the life flow of God through us to others! Readily adjust yourself to people and give yourself to humble tasks… never overestimate yourself… repay no one evil for evil… be above reproach in the sight of God… If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Never avenge yourselves, leave the way open for God's justice… Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome and master evil with good. Grow in your relationship with God and desire a heart like his… have a willing heart…
Verse Of The Day@biblegateway.com
"So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." -
Today's passage is from the New International Version, ©2010.
Notes From Galatians 3
Foolishness… Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes you saw Jesus crucified.. Don't be foolish Jesus was clearly betrayed as crucified and rose as redeemer, did you receive the spirit by believing what you heard.. don't try to attain your goal by human effort… God has given you His spirit because you believed in Jesus! Abraham believed God, it was accredited to Him as righteousness. All nations are blessed through God. No one is justified before God by the Law, the righteousness live by faith. Jesus because the curse of the law for us, redeemed us… from the law, by faith we receive the promise of the Holy Spirit! So those who have faith are blessed…don't rely upon the law, rely upon Jesus… the righteous live by faith… the law is not based on faith… Jesus redeemed us from the law… He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham would come to us, the promise of the spirit by faith… What is promised is given to those who believe in Jesus Christ… the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ, we are not under the supervision of the law, but under Jesus Christ… clothe yourself with Christ, we are all one in Christ Jesus. If we belong to Christ, we are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise.
Worthy News Brief @worthyemail.com
Proverbs 16:9 The mind of a man plans his way: but the LORD directs his steps.
I was thinking about the fact that we are very quick to blame the devil with these kinds of circumstances. But not only does the Bible say that ALL things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purposes, Kimberly, take every opportunity, every strange circumstance, every change in plans as an opportunity to trust God and share His love and all that He's given us. Looking back I can see that perhaps God may have just have been planning this thing all along!
*My Prayer-HIS-THOUGHTS: KimberlyMac Shining 4-Him-Always-4Ever!*
Heavenly Hindsight is captured when you take every change in your plans as an opportunity to trust God and share everything He has given you.
A Seasoned Servant Of God Has Encouraged Me Today
11 Hear this! The days are coming— [this is] the declaration of the Lord God— when I will send a famine through the land: not a famine of bread or a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord.
Tragedy came because of my lack of commitment to serve God with all my heart and strength. Then, at the bottom and on my back, the Lord got my attention and broke me down. Is there a famine in your land? Are you hungry? What purpose does the Bible serve in your life? Do you keep it close? The greatest compliment one can receive is to be called a follower of God's word.
*My Prayer-HIS-THOUGHTS: KimberlyMac Shining 4-Him-Always-4Ever!*
I pray it would be so, a follower, a doer and a daily dieter of God's Word. Make it so in us Lord Jesus!