McCarthy Family Prayer, Monday, January 05, 2009
3 John 1:4 (NIV) I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
Hey Precious Children! Praying for each one of us today! This weekend ended really good for us. You know sometimes you feel like God is so far ahead of you, that you can't catch up to what He wants! He really isn't, it is just that our will holds us back. I felt that way when we moved to Charleston. It happened so quickly, yet I knew it was what He wanted, but I struggled so with it. I realize now that the best way is to just surrender at the get-go! He always gets His way with us. Willessness is a good thing! Anyway, I feel like I caught up to God, and I knew as we sat in the Dream Center talking to the Pastor and Children's Pastor that we finally found our way to what God has for us in Charleston. It is a good feeling! We are going to start in Children's ministry at the Center on Sunday mornings and then on Wednesday nights, we are going to cook and feed and tutor children from the area with the outreach at the Dream Center. I also connected with the secretary there and she needs some help, so I am going to give her one day and just be of service to what she needs done! So cool! I am excited! I read some in the book Battlefield Of The Mind By Joyce Meyer today and she said this and I thought it would be good for all of us to read:
- "We must not give way to fearful thoughts and feelings that attack us. We must learn to remain steadfast, knowing that no matter how things appear now, God will work them out for our good—and in the process, He will use them to make us better people."
- "We also learn through what we suffer."
- "Because of our sinful nature, we tend to fight God at every point, but this only makes the process longer and more painful. Learn to surrender quickly, and save yourself a lot of agony. I've learned that God gets His way in the end, so why prolong the process?"
So today I am praying for us: Bob, Kim, Brad, Bonnie, Kiele, Ryanne, Chris, Summer, Kenneth, Tina that God would teach us a new kind of "willessness" in 2009 and we would learn to quickly surrender to His will by: FAITH! Activate It! PRAYER! Do It! TRUST! Live It!
Love you! MOMmac
All has been heard; the end of the matter is: Fear God [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is] and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man [the full, original purpose of his creation, the object of God's providence, the root of character, the foundation of all happiness, the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions under the sun] and the whole [duty] for every man.
Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
- Father I pray for Bob, Kim, Brad, Bonnie, Kiele, Ryanne, Chris, Summer, Kenneth, Tina that in our all and everything we would quickly come to the end of the matter: FEAR GOD and Worship Him in our lives in a way that says: HE IS!
- Father God may we, Bob, Kim, Brad, Bonnie, Kiele, Ryanne, Chris, Summer, Kenneth, Tina always walk in the full original purposes of God and not let impatience lead us down the "bunny trials" of this life that waste our time and hurt our toes!
- Lord Jesus be the root of our character, the foundation of our happiness and the ONE WHO makes the adjustment to all the things that happen in our life that we can't wrap our minds around.
- Father, help us Bob, Kim, Brad, Bonnie, Kiele, Ryanne, Chris, Summer, Kenneth, Tina to be found in the end of the matter… FIRST! I pray that we would put You First in our all and everything! So Be It! AMEN!!! JESUS!
- Father God help this family move into Your Cycle Of Life where difficult times that make us uncomfortable will be used to enlarge us in patience, faith, trust and belief instead of diminish us by fear, doubt, anxiety and despair. I pray that our willessness will be activated first before our impulsiveness! Make it so Lord Jesus! AMEN!
- Father God, work out every detail in our lives, our all in our everything for Your Good Purpose! Jesus! AMEN!
Romans 8: 22-25
All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. 29-30God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him. After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.
The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
Have a great week my precious children! Love ya MOMmac