Thursday, January 8, 2009

Road Trip Journal: Day 7

daily road trip journal

Heavenly hindsight 2 endurance

Grow-2-Go!

Day 7: Wednesday, January 7th posted to blog

Road Trip personal thoughts!

I am thinking that it is day 7! God's perfect number! I went to bed kind of grouchy, worn out and feeling physically tired and achy. This morning, my soul aches for friendship! I need God! I need others.

Road Trip : 2 endurance! attitude- paced- 2-appreciate!

In Christ Alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_a6meI0WkY

Newsboys

Some Of The Lyrics:

"In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found, He is my light, my strength my song… This cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest doubt and storm. My Comforter, my All in All. This gift of love and righteousness. Scorned by the ones He came to save. Here in the death of Christ I live. Here in the power of Christ I will stand! Jesus!"

  1. I praise You Jesus, My Victory! I Praise The Commander Of My Victory, Jesus! Praise You Jesus!
  2. I praise You, Righteous Savior!
  3. I praise You our Gift Of Incredible, Faithful, Sacrificial, Unconditional Love! Jesus!
  4. I praise You, Jesus our Cornerstone
  5. I praise You comforter of the lonely, healer of the sinner, salvation of all!
  6. I praise You Father God for the Solid Ground, The Rock That You Are! Forever Strong!
  7. I praise You Holy Spirit for the Powerful Comforter You Are! I praise You! I Give You Glory! Jesus, Father God, Holy Spirit… All Praise, All Honor, All Glory Unto You!

Road Trip personal thoughts!

Getting back to the basics through this spiritual fast has taught me… simply Jesus! I read an article sent to me on Twitter today about the Dream Center opening its Medical Clinic and one line stood out to me about how the doctors could "simply practice medicine"… I thought: Isn't that what our lives in Christ should be! Hospitals for sinners, simply practicing the Love of Jesus, in the Presence and Power of His Life, we stand! Make it so in me Jesus! Simply Jesus! This fast has shown me just how much extra I have… I juggle so much. I am simply doing liquids and I miss food… but I realize the abundance of it in my life. We have so much and I take it for granted! Not any more! I also miss TV. I realize the over abundance of that in my life! Back to the Basics…. Simply Jesus! It is great for your soul! With so much stuff all around us, we lose the sharp attunement of our Spirit with God's Spirit! Simply Jesus!

Road Trip ramah: Spiritual Nourishment 4 strength!

Isaiah 14:12-22

"King of Babylonia, you thought you were the bright morning star. But now you have fallen from heaven! You once brought nations down. But now you have been thrown down to the earth! 13 You said in your heart, 'I will go up to heaven. I'll raise my throne above the stars of God. I'll sit as king on the mountain where the gods meet. I'll set up my throne on the highest slopes of the sacred mountain. 14 I will rise above the tops of the clouds. I'll make myself like the Most High God.' 15 But now you have been brought down to the grave. You have been thrown into the deepest part of the pit.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

Road Trip personal thoughts!

  • Pride does that, it fosters an independent spirit in me. I know that I don't stand on Holy Ground, in Your Presence when I walk in the human stubbornness of my heart, thinking I know better than You.
  • There is no One like You, Lord…none! When we try to rise up above Your authority, we will fall. Lord keep my heart pure of such a foolishness as this. Keep me bowed before You in heart, will, mind and spirit… on Holy Ground! Jesus!
  • Jesus, may Your Name always be lifted up before any want, any desire, any passion that I might be tempted to enlist in. May I always follow after YOU,FIRST! PS… keep my feet on Holy Ground!

Road Trip : 2 Good Shape-body-glory glow!

Water: 1, 2, 3, 4 Glasses

7:00am Roobios and Ginger Tea with honey

10:20     Arbonne Sea Detox Day 6

1:30     Arbonne Protein Shake, Fiber, Heart Complex, Resist, dates, pineapple,

     Almonds, molasses

7:00 pm Ministrone Soup

7:30     6 Berry Tea and Honey

Exercise! Yes! Thank You Lord! Legs, Arms-Bicycle-elliptical walker

Road Trip personal thoughts!

I got disappointed this afternoon and my attitudes got wacked out as I thought about what I was doing in this spiritual fast. I entertained questions like: Why am I doing this? What am I doing this for? And the classic question: What is the point? And then my disappointment led me down stupid thought roads, that further added to my bad attitudes and then I acted on them in the ugliest of ways when my hubby got home… I went to bed… tired, discouraged and ugly in heart…. Not a good end to a somewhat good day!

No comments: