Monday, January 26, 2009

Road Trip Journal: Day 24-25

daily road trip journal

Heavenly hindsight 2 endurance

Grow-2-Go!

Day 24-25: Sat-Sun, January 24-25, 2009:

Road Trip ramah: Spiritual Nourishment 4 strength!

Isaiah 43:18-21

The Lord says, "Forget what happened before, and do not think about the past. 19 Look at the new thing I am going to do. It is already happening. Don't you see it? I will make a road in the desert and rivers in the dry land. 20 Even the wild animals will be thankful to me— the wild dogs and owls. They will honor me when I put water in the desert and rivers in the dry land to give water to my people, the ones I chose. 21 The people I made will sing songs to praise me.

New Century Version (NCV) The Holy Bible, New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

Road Trip : 2 endurance- attitude- paced- 2-appreciate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRjjBzfclBI

Brooke Fraser Shadowfeet

Road Trip personal thoughts!

When things don't go my way, it is not necessarily a "bad" thing but in Christ is a "best" thing! On this Road Trip God Adventure, I am learning that God has a sense of humor and an incredible imagination! If I just let go and let God have His way, by letting go of what I want and yielding it to Him, I am realizing that a little sacrifice of my-me yields a lot of newness of Him and that is not at all bad… in the end it is all eventually good, better and best! Just Do It! Be found in Him! Yes, I am learning that the emphasis is not on who I am, but on WHOSE I am! Yes, I can see it in me, in my reactions and responses to things that suddenly pop up in my life path! Lately I have started to learn how to flip-flop my perspective of my-me to being His. I don't have an over balanced highlighting on who I am, but am leaning more towards WHOSE I am! That is a good thing! God is changing me!

  • Lord, I so appreciate You not giving up on me! Thank you for changing me, making me better because of You!
  • Father God, I am so thankful for Your sense of humor. I feel You smile when I get very uncomfortable on this Road Trip Adventure, because You know I need it, the discomfort teaches me good things!
  • I am so thankful for WHOSE I am! I belong to the Father God, Who cares so much about me, cares for me in ways that I cannot even begin to imagine!
  • I am so grateful for the NEWNESS of My GOD! Every day in every way He makes all things new!
  • I am so grateful for Your Excellence Lord Jesus! Your Glory Shines in all You do and the Purity of Your Holiness is a force to be reckoned with in this world!
  • Thank you Light of the World! Your Word Is Light For My Feet!
  • Thank you Lord Jesus! Thank you Holy Spirit! Thank you Father God! Triune Glory! AHHHHHHHHH!

Road Trip 2 endurance/promises for soul nourishment

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over. But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghRDrf5HnAo

The First Song I Sing By Sara Groves

Road Trip personal thoughts!

One thing God is changing in me in 2009 is praise! I am learning the true heart of praise and how much I need it, how much I have missed out on the shaping of my attitude of endurance! Praise keeps me enduring from bad to good unto heavenly hindsight! Praise has been something that has been so lacking in my walk with God. This God Adventure Journey, Grow 2 Go is teaching me praise priority! Undivided heart of praise!

  • I praise You Lord God, that You are Omnipresent! Always there for me! Morning, noon and night! Always!
  • I praise You Lord that You are the God of abundance! I have more than enough!
  • I praise You Lord that You fill me every day from top to bottom and I need to praise You because I am bubbling over!
  • I praise You Lord God, You are my chosen King! Abba Father! Jesus! Holy One!
  • I praise You Father God! 1st God! The One Who Chose Me! Praise You 1st One!
  • I praise You Jesus, My God of Purpose!
  • I praise You Jesus, My God of Provision!
  • I praise You Jesus, My God of Protection!

Road Trip personal thoughts!

Habitual Obedience, choice by choice! I woke up with this thought on my heart this morning and it was very convincing because I realized, I am walking it out right now in my Road Trip God Adventure: Grow 2 Go unto endurance! God was speaking to me this morning as I stirred about being habitually obedient, choice by choice. He has shown me on this journey that my goal is not what I set my pace to, that I set my sights on Him and that I obey Him choice by choice. I have been doing this and seeing just how much my endurance has strengthened. That is why I am convinced into my 24th and 25th day of this journey, habitual obedience to Jesus Christ, choice by choice, is the way His character of endurance is written upon our hearts and life. Obedience is not a goal anymore to me; it is a choice, from moment to moment, situation to situation!

I think about all those "suddenly" situations that pop up in my life and how my independent nature seems to impulsively gear up and do the same stupid things over and over! I can call it what I may, but in the end it plays out as a bad habit! A few days ago I read a scripture about Jesus and what He did when He found out that his cousin, John was beheaded. Meekness…. Power under control! I would not have wanted to be the person who beheaded John the Baptist if this were not so, if Jesus decided impulsively to take his anger, remorse and hurt out on others! No! He withdrew to His Father. Power under self control=dependence upon His Father!

Independence is the root of all my painful, regretful consequences! I thought I could handle something by myself that suddenly rose up in my life and remorseful consequences still lurk around because of a "suddenly" that I thought I had all under control! Ahhhhhh Lord God! ALL of who I am, must be under the control of ALL of Who you are in my ALL through YOUR Everything! I need to model what You showed me from Your life here on earth! Life really can't be all about who I am as much as it should be about Whose I am!

No comments: