Monday, January 26, 2009

Road Trip Journal: Day 21-22

daily road trip journal

Heavenly hindsight 2 endurance

Grow-2-Go!

 

Day 21-22: Thursday, January 22nd 2009:

Road Trip: Listen-Led- paced- 2 -praise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hGKFfTrDw

Rest In You By Hillsong United

Your faithfulness endures always/Where mountains fall and reason fails/
And You calm the raging seas/And You calm the storms in me, again
All I know is I find rest in You/All I know is I find rest in You/

  • I praise You Lord Jesus, Prince Of Peace, Maker Of Rest!
  • I praise You Grace-filled God!
  • I praise You and give You honor Mighty One! Mighty To Save.
  • I praise You All Encompassing God, Giver Of Rest!
  • I praise You Mighty Warrior- God Who Brings Peace Into Every Situation!
  • I praise You Jesus, I praise Your Holy Spirit, Comforter Of My Soul!
  • I praise You Restful, Peaceful God, I find my rest in You!

Road Trip personal thoughts!

There are times when nothing I do can help me calm the emotions of my spirit or find a place of peace in my restless mind or stop the carnal impulsive of my will to feed my wants or keep my heart in pace with the right attitude and the Holy Spirit. At times I feel completely lost at "doing" this life and deeply desire to be found in You, to rest only in the Presence of Your Peace and find my confidence, courage and compassion that I need to overcome me. More of You, Lord Jesus….Less of Me! Choice by Choice! So Be It Today! I bow before You Jesus… at The Cross!

Road Trip : 2 endurance- attitude- paced- 2-appreciate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVxaz06xu3w

At The Cross    ----- By Hillsong!

  1. Thank you Jesus for the cross that yielded a great love, no greater love have I ever known. I appreciate the rest it brings my soul this day!
  2. I appreciate the way You have made for me Lord Jesus. I am thankful for the way to truth, the way to peace and the way to rest that You made for me, because of the cross!
  3. I am so grateful for the life You have given me Jesus. Thank You! I bow my heart today at the cross, in gratefulness and I rest in the greatest love ever given! Jesus!
  4. I am so grateful for Your Presence in my life Almighty God. I am grateful You made the hard choice of sacrifice for me to know You.
  5. Thank you Father God, for caring about me too much, so much and always and forever loving me.
  6. Thank you Jesus for Your sacrifice. I thank you Jesus for give me a love that does not end, that is always with me. I rest gratefully in this love today.
  7. I appreciate the mercy given me. I appreciate Your perfect love and the fear, restlessness, anxiety and sin that it covers and casts out! Thank you Jesus!

Road Trip 2 endurance/promises for soul nourishment

"To believe that He will preserve us is, indeed, a means of preservation. God will certainly preserve us, and make a way of escape for us out of the temptation, should we fall. We are to pray for what God has already promised. Our requests are to be regulated by His promises and commands. Faith embraces the promises and so finds relief."

Quote By:John Owen

Road Trip ramah: Spiritual Nourishment 4 strength!

Matthew 14:13

Jesus heard what had happened to John. He wanted to be alone. So he went in a boat to a quiet place. The crowds heard about this. They followed him on foot from the towns.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

1 Peter 1:18-21

You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold,19But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot. 20It is true that He was chosen and foreordained (destined and foreknown for it) before the foundation of the world, but He was brought out to public view (made manifest) in these last days (at the end of the times) for the sake of you. 21Through Him you believe in (adhere to, rely on) God, Who raised Him up from the dead and gave Him honor and glory, so that your faith and hope are [centered and rest] in God.

Road Trip personal thoughts!

When I started on this Road Trip God Adventure- Grow 2 Go… unto Endurance! I knew God called me to this adventure with Him for this year, also knew without a doubt that there was no earthly way I could do it. I am learning that hope that is centered in Christ Jesus and hopes in His Promise is a HUGE HOPE, one that will endure. I can't hope in myself, that I have what it takes in a world such as this. Emotionally, I do not believe we were created to endure the consequences of such escalated sin. I need Jesus. I need His life, His Mind, His Soul, His Will, His Spirit personally intertwined with mine. (One of my favorite verses is in Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 because it talks about a three strand cord is not easily broken…Jesus, Holy Spirit, God The Father… you know I am going to right there in the middle of that strong cord!! Just a side not too about my marriage! It is a three strand cord not easily broken: Bob, Kim, Jesus! Hooorah! PS watch the movie FIREPROOF! Be A Three Strand Cord!!) Traditions, rules, laws and religiosity is just not going to cut it for me anymore, if I want to endure. I believe in God, yet my faith does not stop there. I adhere to His Promises and rely on His purposes being worked out in my life through His Holy Spirit! I center my faith in Christ Jesus, having no faith in men, no expectations in this world and therefore my faith can rest in God. As a Champion in Christ Jesus, I realize that when I get up each morning to run my race, I must first center my faith, my belief, my trust in the Kingdom of God right off the starting block I must be set and readied by resting my hope, my expectations my desires in the Lord of this Kingdom, Jesus Christ! Set! Ready! Grow 2 Go! Endure!

Streams In The desert by l.b.cowan

"There is no music during a musical rest, but the rest is part of making the music. In the melody of our life, the music is separated here and there by rest. During those rests, we foolishly believe we have come to the end of the song. God sends us times of forced leisure by allowing sickness and disappointed plans and frustrated efforts. He brings a sudden pause in the choral hymn of our lives, and we lament that our voices must be silent. We grieve that our part is missing in the music that continually rises to the ear of the Creator. Yet, how does the musician read the rest? He counts the break with unwavering precision and plays his next note with confidence, as if no pause where ever there. God does not write the music of our lives without a plan. Our part is to learn the tune and not be discouraged during the rests." John Ruskin

Selah! Think on this one!!

The Warrior Is A Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pzu-jWpcdw

By Twila Parris

 

 

No comments: