Monday, January 12, 2009

Road Trip Journal Day: 10-11

daily road trip journal

Heavenly hindsight 2 endurance

Grow-2-Go!

Day 10, Saturday January 10th, 2009

Day 11, Sunday, January 11th 2009

Road Trip personal thoughts!

Lord help me in my "spiritual diet" today! I pray for Your strength to endure through the cravings so that I can lose the fat off my body and spirit! Keep me in You! AMEN! I love this promise because I realize that peace is what holds endurance in place over my will and creates an atmosphere of hope in my soul as I learn to Grow 2 Go and keep You FIRST!

Road Trip ramah: Spiritual Nourishment 4 strength!

Psalm 27:4-5

I ask only one thing from the Lord. This is what I want: Let me live in the Lord's house all my life. Let me see the Lord's beauty and look with my own eyes at his Temple. 5 During danger he will keep me safe in his shelter. He will hide me in his Holy Tent, or he will keep me safe on a high mountain.

New Century Version (NCV) The Holy Bible, New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

Road Trip personal thoughts!

This verse is one of the first uphill crossroads in this 2009 Road Trip Adventure with God. I can either turn right and make a U-turn and go back to where I was. I can turn left, go off on my own and find an easier way to go. Or I can go straight, take the challenge and go up hill with God! The Lord shared with me this morning that this part of our Grow 2 Go road trip adventure for the next 40 days will be learning this:

Making my personal desires at home in His desire-destiny only, so that my human appetites are satisfied by Him alone and thus, therefore my Endurance Grows 2 Go!!

Are you going to join me? Even so… off I go on this leg of my Road Trip adventure, learning the curbing my fleshly appetites in all areas of my life, not just the food I desire for my body, but the satisfaction I desire for my soul, the contentment I desire for my spirit and the ways of my will! The source of all my desires must be found in Jesus First. He must become the FIRST desire of all my earthly appetites.

  1. Body:    Cravings For Food! =Appetite 4 Junk Food-Lazy Living! Curbed!
  2. Soul:     Cravings For Satisfaction! =Appetite 4 Convenience-Comfort-TV! Curbed!
  3. Will:     Cravings For My Way! =Appetite For What I Want! Curbed!
  4. Mind:     Cravings To Be In The Know =Appetite 2 Understand-Control! Curbed!
  5. Spirit:    Cravings For Contentment!=Appetite 4 Belonging In This World! Curbed!

 

Lord Change My body! The HEART OF YOUR GOSPEL IS CHANGE…Transform Me!

Psalm 27:4-5

I'm asking the Lord for only one thing. Here is what I want. I want to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. I want to look at the beauty of the Lord. I want to worship him in his temple. 5 When I'm in trouble, he will keep me safe in his house. He will hide me in the safety of his holy tent. He will put me on a rock that is very high.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society

Road Trip personal thoughts!

God wants me to sacrifice the things I desire for my body, the temple of His Holy Spirit. Endurance of body means I can carry on and go the extra mile in my service unto God, in my Kingdom Trade. It is God's Desire that I put Him First when it comes to taking care of my body. It is His desire that I change habits that cause me not to be in shape and keep me from becoming a Champion in this area of my life. For my body to endure, I must choose a life-style diet of food and exercise that daily yields me renewed strength and gives glory to God! I must make God my One Desire, My First Desire when I exercise or make a choice to eat the right things! My First Desire, My One Desire as I Grow 2 Go will be to worship God, in His Presence through my good choices of food and exercise. Change Me, the way I take care of my body I pray Lord Jesus! ONE THING…ONLY ONE THING! JESUS FIRST!

Lord Change My Soul! The HEART OF YOUR GOSPEL IS CHANGE…Transform Me!

Psalm 65:4

Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man whom You choose and cause to come near, that he may dwell in Your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Road Trip personal thoughts!

My soul seeks for the satisfaction of the security of an earthly home. My soul longs for the comfort of the sameness that roots in this world bring my emotions. My soul desires to escape the stress of change, the burden of earthly trials, the fear of insecurity through the entertainment of my soul in the unreality of TV characters and their unreal lives. God wants me to simply draw near to His Presence and find a satisfaction that is never shaken by the changes of my reality. God wants the satisfaction of my soul to be in Him to endure and grow through the hand of reality He has dealt me. He wants to be my soul's One Desire- First Desire and only source of true, lasting satisfaction! ONE THING…ONLY ONE THING! JESUS FIRST!

Lord Change My will! The HEART OF YOUR GOSPEL IS CHANGE…Transform Me!

Psalm 27:45

The one thing I ask of the Lord— the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple. 5 For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.

New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.

Road Trip personal thoughts!

My will studies at the feet of this world by what I see, read, hear and experience therefore what I want is shaped by what I stay focused on and pick up from this world. When I study at the feet of worldly culture, my will is driven by unreal expectations. It is God's Desire that I study at His Feet, in the Presence of His Living Word. He wants His Voice to penetrate the ear drums of my will bending and shaping my will to know and hear His Voice First! As I learn to contemplate His beauty in heartfelt praise, my will is sharpened in submission and positioned in His purpose. I learn endurance as I Grow 2 Go by the bending of my will through the Word. My will is bent, what I want is broken and His character is shaped in me. It is God's Desire that my will be completely His, it must be my One Desire, My 1st Desire! Change My Will, Lord Jesus! ONE THING…ONLY ONE THING! JESUS FIRST!

Lord Change My Mind! The HEART OF YOUR GOSPEL IS CHANGE…Transform Me!

Psalm 16:11

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Cross references: Psalm 16:11 : Acts 2:25-28, 31

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Road Trip personal thoughts!

When I am not in the know, when I don't understand, I need to stop trying to wrap my mind around surface appearances! What I think I know, is very often not God's interpretation, purpose or way as He works in the unseen for my good! I need to stop mulling things over and over in my mind, being so crazy to find a way to resolve and understand! Help me Holy Spirit to learn to put my worn out perspective in Your Mighty Right Hand, trusting that You will show my mind the path of thoughts that are in Your Presence now. Teach me how to live in thoughts that are content with belief without sight! I want to learn to live in the fullness of Your Joy, without having to know it all, thinking this is what will satisfy my mind. I realize now that endurance is not found in knowing everything I desire to know, but in trusting- Growing 2 Go without the know! Quiet the spin for understanding in my mind Lord Jesus and turn it in the direction of belief in Your goodness. Change My thought processes Lord Jesus! Transform my mind in Your Word, Grace and Soundness. ONE THING…ONLY ONE THING! JESUS FIRST!

Lord Change My Spirit! The HEART OF YOUR GOSPEL IS CHANGE…Transform Me!

Psalm 27:4-5

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.(A) 5For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock. Cross references: Psalm 27:4 : Ps 16:11; 18:6; 65:4; Luke 2:37

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Road Trip personal thoughts!

My spirit must no longer desire the contentment that schedule, sameness and worldly security and order brings me. My contentment must be uprooted from this world's culture and transplanted in Kingdom soil. Completely! Jesus must become my ONE THING! My ONE DESIRE in my spirit should be the Presence of HIS SPIRIT. As I Grow 2 Go, I must learn to endure through constant change and insecurity, knowing that this is the heart of God. The heart of the Gospel is change, change that uproots us from this world and makes us more like Jesus. This is where I need to Grow 2 Go this year so that I find myself here: My spirit yearns for Jesus, to behold, gaze and delight myself in Him as My One Desire, My First Desire! ONE THING…ONLY ONE THING! JESUS FIRST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnycyGi7bTg

Empty Me! By Chris Sligh

Psalm 27:4-5

I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet. 5 That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, The perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

Some Lyrics:

"I have had just enough of the spotlight when it burns bright…

I tasted my share of the sweet life and the wild ride…

Empty me of the selfishness inside, every vain ambition and the poison of my pride

….any foolish name my heart holds to, empty me of me so that I can be filled of You."

Road Trip : 2 endurance: attitude- paced- 2-appreciate!

  • Thank you Jesus that you loved me even when I was full of myself!
  • Thank you Holy Spirit for ushering in God's Presence to me, every moment!
  • I so appreciate a place of the quiet of God's Presence in my noisy world!
  • I am so grateful Lord Jesus that, an empty vessel in Your Presence becomes filled to abundance and overflowing!
  • Thank you Jesus, that You are the perfect getaway, my Rock, My Fortress, My Deliverer
  • I appreciate Your hearing me as I pray every day to be emptied of myself and filled of You. Jesus!
  • Thank you Jesus for emptying me of all my vain ambitions, so that I can be filled with Your way, Your purposes and Your destiny for me!

Road Trip: Listen-Led- paced- 2 -praise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dN8v2Y30pc

You Reign By Mercy Me!

  1. I praise You Creator! Your Creation Testifies You Reign!
  2. I praise You Lord God, You Are Higher Than All, Glory In The Highest!
  3. I praise You Lord God! Every Knee Bows, Every Tongue Proclaims! You Reign! Forever!
  4. I praise You Sovereign King Of All And Everything!
  5. I praise You, You went before all of this world was even created and You Reign!
  6. I praise You Sovereign Ruler: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow and Forever You Reign!
  7. I praise You Jesus, You Are On Your Throne! Our Sovereign King!

Road Trip : 2 Good Shape-body-glory glow!

Water, 1, 2, 3, 4

8:30    Oatmeal, Honey, Pecans, Craisins

9:30    Hot Tea: Ginger, Roobios, Honey

11:30    Arbonne Shake: Juice, Almonds, Pineapple

6:00    Pasta Figole Soug, Bow Tie Pasta, Cornbread

7:30    Pomegrantes

8:30    Green Tea- Honey

Sunday

No comments: