daily road trip journal
Heavenly hindsight 2 endurance
Day 14: Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Road Trip personal thoughts!
The other day, You Lord Jesus spoke to my heart and asked me not to compartmentalize my life. You asked me to be a part of all my life and to let Your Holy Spirit flow all through out my day, not shutting You out of any activity, any time. Today, you are teaching me this. I am going to the Gym to exercise my body, but You asked me to also exercise my soul also. How? I must exercise the Compassion of God in my soul. Today I will write three cards to people who are going through hard things and need encouragement. I will exercise the compassion in my soul! Cool!
Road Trip 2 endurance/promises for soul nourishment
The Body of Christ Is One
I am a prisoner because of the Lord. So I am asking you to live a life worthy of what God chose you for. 2 Don't be proud at all. Be completely gentle. Be patient. Put up with one another in love. 3 The Holy Spirit makes you one in every way. So try your best to remain as one. Let peace keep you together. 4 There is one body. There is one Spirit. You were appointed to one hope when you were chosen. 5 There is one Lord. There is one faith and one baptism. 6 There is one God and Father of all. He is over everything. He is through everything. He is in everything. 7 But each one of us has received a gift of grace, just as Christ wanted us to have it. 8 That is why Scripture says, "When he went up to his place on high, he led a line of prisoners. He gave gifts to people." —(Psalm 68:18)
9 What does "he went up" mean? It can only mean that he also came down to the lower, earthly places. 10 The One who came down is the same as the One who went up higher than all the heavens. He did it in order to fill all of creation. 11 He is the One who gave some the gift to be apostles. He gave some the gift to be prophets. He gave some the gift of preaching the good news. And he gave some the gift to be pastors and teachers. 12 He did it so that they might prepare God's people to serve. If they do, the body of Christ will be built up. 13 That will continue until we all become one in the faith and in the knowledge of God's Son. Then we will be grown up in the faith. We will receive everything that Christ has for us. 14 We will no longer be babies in the faith. We won't be like ships tossed around by the waves. We won't be blown here and there by every new teaching. We won't be blown around by the cleverness and tricks of people who try to hide their evil plans. 15 Instead, we will speak the truth in love. We will grow up into Christ in every way. He is the Head. 16 He makes the whole body grow and build itself up in love. Under the control of Christ, each part of the body does its work. It supports the other parts. In that way, the body is joined and held together.
New International Reader's Version (NIRV) Copyright © 1996, 1998 by International Bible Society
- Being yoked to Jesus, holds me to Him, to my family of God as many held together as one. I am promised by the Holy Spirit that He will make me One in Christ Jesus, yoked to Jesus, yoked to others…. He will do this! I am promised!
- Jesus is the yoke of the Bride of Christ! When we are together being found in Him, yoked to Him, we will grow together in every way in our all!
- The Yoke of Jesus supports us as we grow, as we encourage each other unto His right living and Grow 2 Go unto Endurance!
Road Trip : 2 Endurance! attitude- paced- 2-appreciate!
- I am so thankful to be Yoked to Jesus. His yoke is light, burden easy!
- I appreciate the oneness in the body of Christ, I experience the encouragement of it every single day.
- I am so thankful to be under the control of Christ.
- I am thankful for the perfect timing of Jesus Christ, the protection that is there exactly when we need it. Thank you Lord!
- I don't take for granted the divine appointments, I am thankful for the purposes of God being worked out in me and others through His life in us.
- I appreciate the yoke of God, that puts me under His authority.
- I am thankful for the incorruptible authority of God, for its purity, its holiness and its complete truth. I am thankful for the truth of God that endures the tests and trials of time!
Road Trip ramah: Spiritual Nourishment 4 strength!
I am a friend of God….
"I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father.
The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
Road Trip personal thoughts!
The way You have loved me is by speaking to my heart, sharing with me the things Father God has given You for me. You have loved me by never leaving me; You gave me Your Holy Spirit to be with me in Presence, Word and Thought. You have loved me completely with an undivided heart and self-sacrificed all for me. You have brought me into an intimate relationship with You, telling me all that You are thinking, I have known your mind, intents and purposes, You have held nothing good back from me. You always have my best in mind and no matter what I want, You give me what is right for me. This is true friendship. Now help me Jesus to do the same! Help me to put You First and Reflect-Act Upon, Your True Friendship In My All And Everything This Day! Jesus First!
Road Trip: Listen-Led- paced- 2 -praise!
- I praise You Father God, Your Friendship Is True!
- I praise You Word of Life, for Your Presence in my Thoughts!
- I praise You Lover Of Mankind, Your Love is all out, nothing held back!
- I praise You True Friend! Your friendship is worthy of praise!
- I praise You Holy Spirit, Comforter and Friend!
- I praise You Father God, Your Sacrifice Was Extreme For The Love Of Us All!
- I praise You God Of Comfort, You Are In My All And Everything!
Road Trip : 2 Good Shape-body-glory glow!
6:30 Green Tea, Rose Hips Tea Honey
8:30 Oat Cereal, Soy Milk, Crasins, Pecans
Arbonne Supplement: Hybrids, Resist, Joint Complex, Heart Health, Resist
9:30 Roobios Tea, Ginger Tea Honey
12:00 Exercise GYM: elliptical 20 min; bike 10 min; arms!
1:00 Arbonne Shake-Fiber
6:00 Turkey, Spinach, Spinach Noodles, Cranberry, Brocoli
8:00 Hot Tea: Gypsy Cold Care
Road Trip personal thoughts!
My thoughts today started like this: I hate dieting! That is the plain awful truth! I love Hagendas! I love Pizza! I love Chic Fila Waffle Fries! I love pasta! I love Coconut Cake, especially from the Noisy Oyster! Every time I have tried to diet, my focus was on my blocked friendship with food instead of on my friendship with God! I have never been able to endure this long without cheating because I was looking at what I was giving up instead of Whom I was befriending. I always say, I am going to diet Monday, starting Monday and then on the weekend, I would go stark raving food mad and eat and eat because I knew after Monday… how stupid was that!! Because then it never lasted and then I had all the binged food on my waist line and also the wasted effort of a goal flushed down the toilet. I have no endurance for things such as these!! My thoughts today end here: As I Grow 2 Go, I am learning and growing in endurance, one choice at a time and because of my tapping into my friendship with God and staying focused on that, instead of my food friendships!